- Available for online purchase and nationwide delivery in bulk sacks
- Loose product or large consignments also available for nationwide delivery. Call now for more information
- Customers are welcome to visit the Enviro Grind facility and purchase/collect bagged or loose product
- Shredded and screened to 15mm and ideal for professional landscapers and gardening enthusiasts.
- Ideal for exposed areas and steep banks. Experience has shown that Fine Bark Mulch is less likely to blow away during strong winds. It remains in place particularly well if it has had time to settle (this is helped by light rain or watering after the mulch has been evenly spread).
- Less likely to suffer from the effects of seed dispersal as the smaller pores on the surface provide reduced germination opportunity.
- The smaller pores provide a higher level of insulation from severe frost, thus enhancing the protection of delicate perennial plants during the winter months.
- 3 - 4 Years Lifetime
Enviro Grind has been supplying Regular and Fine Grade Bark Mulch to gardeners and landscape contractors for over 20 years with excellent results. Our Bark Mulch product is harvested from local sustainably managed forests generating a reliable quality supply.
Natural Bark Mulch which is a rich brown colour provides an attractive well defined finish (or ground cover) to ornamental trees, shrubs and flower beds by providing colour contrast and enhancing floral displays and the rich colours of autumn leaf fall.
Benefits of Bark mulch
Bark Mulch reduces the opportunity for weed seed germination by reducing weed seed access to soil. Where weed seeds are successful in germinating, Bark Mulch is excellent for suppressing their development by eliminating photosynthesis, providing a physical barrier to growth. A 4’’ (10cm) layer of bark mulch will provide a lasting weed suppression cover.
Enviro Grind Bark Mulch reduces moisture evaporation from soil, thus reducing the need for additional watering during summer.
Bark Mulch acts as a primary absorption layer during heavy downpours of rain reducing the loss of soil nutrients from leaching and soil saturation which affects plant respiration and soil compaction.
Bark Mulch decomposition
Over time Bark Mulch slowly decomposes providing both essential plant nutrients and improving soil structure to the underlying soil. The rate of decomposition depends on a number of factors including climate, exposure and moisture retention. Bark mulch should last 2 – 4 years and can be topped up each year or as required.
Bark Mulch helps avoid strenuous back breaking work
Many modern gardeners often prefer to avoid digging and turning soil, thus avoiding back breaking work while preserving soil structure and maintaining the natural habitat for earthworms, invertebrates and the billions of microorganisms that inhabit our soils. Bark Mulch can be gently raked to re-establish the appearance of your garden without the pains and aches of digging.
Enviro Grind Ltd can arrange delivery of all internet purchases and those made directly with Enviro Grind Ltd Pettigo. As well as using our own fleet of trucks, Enviro Grind Ltd use a number of different courier services nationwide depending on your location and the size of the shipment. We endeavour to dispatch all confirmed orders within 24 to 48 hours.
Please note that Delivery is Kerbside. We do not guarantee that the bulk sack can be left within the boundary of your property. Each cubic metre sack of material is placed on a wooden pallet for delivery and can weigh up to 1 tonne. While the delivery driver will do their best to get the sack as close as possible to your property, they are unable to move the sack over kerbs, up an incline or on loose gravel surfaces. The sack can only go as close to your site as the hand operated pallet truck allows.
For information on local deliveries or any other queries on delivery please contact us on 0719861772 or 00353719861772 from Northern Ireland, alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For delivery transport rates for bulk purchase including Artic loads please contact Enviro Grind Ltd at our Pettigo facility and one of our team can discuss a range of delivery options and shipping rates with you.